Title: M&E Project Manager
Reporting To: Director – Project Management / Associate Director – M&E Services
Job Function: Consulting; Management; Project Management
Thomas & Adamson require a commercially focused M&E Project Manager, with long-term career development aspirations. Being self-motivated, ambitious, and client focused with the ability to work independently is vital to this role, as well as possessing a creative and consistent approach to delivering excellence.
To provide project management and cost management support across a number of projects with a particular focus on M&E services.
The M&E Project Manager (MPM) should have at least 3 years’ experience in a project management role within the construction industry. They may come from a design or contracting background. They should have specific experience and training in either Mechanical or Electrical design and/or installation.
The MPM will be responsible for providing support in the form of the following:
Providing Excellent Technical Services
The PMP is responsible for delivering technical services under consultancy agreements executed between Thomas & Adamson and their client. The role specifically includes:
Project Management/Cost Management commissions
• Establish project delivery strategy including communications protocol, change management procedures and related processes and procedures.
• Review project brief and related budgets. Support the cost management team in the review and assessment of cost estimates in relation to M&E services systems and installations.
• Chair and minute regular meetings with clients, design teams and contractors during the pre- and post-contract stages of projects.
• Provide guidance to the project teams as to the procurement of the wider projects and the installation of specialist M&E installations specifically.
• Identify risks and issues and related mitigation measures. Maintain active risk registers relating to this.
• Manage project budgets including construction, fittings and equipment, professional fees and other development costs.
• Regularly report on project status, including review of contractors progress against contract programme.
• Review commissioning plans and procedures in relation to M&E services installations. Provide guidance to site teams, review activities at site level and report on the implementation of testing and commissioning processes.
• Active involvement in QA procedures in the day-to-day delivery of Cost Management Services.
• Any other tasks as may be required by Senior Management.
Delivering Great Client Experience
The MPM is a key client interface role and will be responsible for representing T&A in a manner that reflects the company’s values; providing a personal, quality focussed service that reflects the client’s business objectives.
The MPM will build strong, professional relationships with clients, consultants and contractors, based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
In this context, the role will involve:
Representing T&A at project meetings with clients, designers and contractors to provide advice on all aspects of project assignments and following up on actions assigned to T&A at all such meetings.
Communicating clearly, concisely and coherently with the client and other consultants regarding information required for the purpose of performing our services.
Identifying risks and issues with ongoing activities and positively identifying mitigation measures in a way that both protects the interests of the client, Thomas & Adamson and any other relevant stakeholders.
Positively Contributing to the Project Team
The MPM will regularly work as part of a team and may be responsible for overseeing the activities of other Project Managers or Quantity Surveyors. The MPM will contribute to discussion around resource allocation, working with all team members to understand client requirements/deadlines and how best to deploy resource efficiently to achieve these requirements/deadlines.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or via linkedIn