Chris Stewart Group
Chris Stewart Group
Baxter’s Place is located in a World Heritage Site in the city centre of Edinburgh. The redevelopment accommodates 85,000sqft hotel and 17,500sqft office space with car parking facilities. We provide Project Management, Quantity Surveying and Construction Safety services.
New mixed use development in Edinburgh city centre comprising refurbishment of 41 to 42 St Andrew Square for residential and commercial uses and new build office accommodation on West Register Street.
Advocates Close & Motel One, Edinburgh. This project comprised the redevelopment of derelict buildings forming the site between the Royal Mile, Market Street and Cockburn Street. The redundant Council offices were split into two main sections; the first formed a budget Hotel (now Motel One, Market Street) and the second section will be a mixed use development comprising:
- 29 serviced apartments (now The Chambers on Roxburgh Court). This includes the refurbishment of a number of historic buildings;
- 4 restaurants (one of these has been let to Zizzi on Roxburgh Court, the other remains unoccupied);
- several offices (both new build and refurbishment); and
- a public house between the News Steps and Advocate’s Close.
This development has been award winning throughout 2014 and 2015, including:
- Saltire Society Civil Engineering Awards 2013 for Structural Design and Conservation
- Scottish Property Awards: Developer of the Year (Commerce) 2014
- RIAS Award 2014 Winner
- Best Renovation /Conversion and Best Non-Housing Regeneration Project
- RICS Awards 2015 Scotland – Project of the Year winner for Advocate’s Close, Edinburgh
- RICS Awards 2015 Scotland – Regeneration category winner for Advocate’s Close, Edinburgh
- RICS Awards 2015 Scotland – Commercial category highly commended award for Advocate’s Close, Edinburgh
- RICS Awards 2015 Scotland – Tourism & Leisure category highly commended award for Advocate’s Close, Edinburgh