Client: Edinburgh Airport
Project: Multiple projects
Budget: £100K to £6m
Services: Project management
Project summary: Multiple projects undertaken including:
• Car drop off facility – ‘fastpark’. Value – £6M. Involved the construction of a new reception building, a photobooth building, changes to existing car park and road and a new car park for staff. Reception building included welfare areas, office space, a public reception as well as integration of the self service machines. The photobooth is a small ‘tunnel’ like building which has lighting and cameras which record the condition of cars as they pass through. Existing car parks were re-arranged and roads adjusted to accommodate the works. The new car park was on a greenfield site and included new drainage works including attenuation.
• Airside Tenant Space. Value £1M. Installation of a two storey modular unit building located airside for the ‘tenants’ (airlines etc) to use as office space and welfare. Included foundations, service connections, road re-alignment, overall design process as well as with portacabin and the install.
• East Service Yard Goods processing changes. Value £1M – construction of a new waste yard. Construction of a new goods in facility, including a new security scanner and Restricted Zone fence line through an existing building. Works included drainage, groundworks, M&E.
• Glycol Separation project. Value £0.5M. Installation of two large underground tanks to a depth of 6metres along with an automated system to test the drainage water and separate any containing glycol (anti-freeze) to prevent it entering the Gogarburn.
• Airside Ops Office space move. Value £0.5M. Install of modular units airside for the airside operations team to use. Works include design process with portacabin and design team, foundations, service connections, overall install.
• ID centre road safety changes. Value £200K. Install of road safety measures to prevent speeding and improvement pedestrian walking routes. New fences, speed bump install, new external lighting, new white lining.
• International Arrivals 2 walkways improvements. Value £200K. install of covered walking route ‘ tunnels’ along with security doors.
• Retail unit fit outs (management of landlord works and of the retailers construction team) – AMT coffee, Barburrito (strip and install), EAT (three units strip out and install)
• Airside walkway repairs. Value £100K. inspection of the airside walking routes and repair of any trip hazards etc. to make safe.