Title: Business Support Assistant
Reporting to: Partners/Business Support Manager
Working hours: 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm)
Thomas & Adamson (T&A) are currently recruiting for a business support assistant. You will be self-motivated and have the ambition to work hard, learn and succeed in a dynamic professional environment.
This is superb opportunity to join a proactive, collaborative and dynamic practice, with an enviable client list across a range of sectors, where you will have the opportunity of working alongside and learning from a highly skilled and experienced team.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the following duties including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive and flexible business support across the corporate functions of the organisation.
- Provide high quality administration support to all parts of the UK business.
- Provide general administration tasks for the team, including assisting with diaries, supporting the organisation of meetings, organising catering, co-ordinating travel and accommodation requirements.
- Ordering office supplies and arranging general office maintenance.
- Maintaining the filing systems and databases.
- Prepare external facing reports and papers based on information provided – sourcing, collating and formatting information.
- Assisting with the preparation and formatting of submission documentation and capability statements.
- Ensuring efficient and timely implementation of all tasks and project requirements and making every effort to assist with maintaining documentation on time.
- Ensuring adequate and timely communication channels are in place, both internally and externally to support effective document delivery.
- At all times representing T&A in a professionally competent and positive manner, ensuring service quality and integrity are maintained to the highest possible standards and T&A values are promoted.
Suitable candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience working in a professional office environment.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of construction terminology would be an advantage but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent IT skills with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel being essential.
- Knowledge of design software such as InDesign would be an advantage to the successful candidate but not essential.
- Demonstrate a degree of flexibility and willingness to work alongside colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Willing to make a commitment to continual learning and development including learning new digital applications.
Suitable candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to:
- Prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills including the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Pay accurate and excellent attention to detail.
- Be pro-active and enjoy working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Be confident and assertive where required.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of using discretion.
- Be a team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.