Reporting to: Director/Partner
You will be joining our existing team of surveyors and be provided with opportunities to work on projects in both the Public and Private sectors, throughout the UK. This role would be suited to a candidate with 2-3 years post qualification experience.
The Building Surveyor (BS) will be responsible for the following:
• At all times to act on behalf of Thomas & Adamson in a polite and professional manner and ensure the company values are maintained and promoted.
• Act as the interface for projects between the Client, Design Team and the Project Delivery Team to support their successful delivery.
• Ensure efficient and timely implementation of project requirements and maintain projects on time and on budget.
• Ensure adequate and timely communication channels are in place to support effective project delivery.
• Coordinate and prepare information to support the Client, seek and listen to the Clients requirements and act on them accordingly.
• Management of appropriate design, programme and cost information to allow recommendations and support decision making.
• Provide guidance on the most effective procurement approach to achieve project deliverables.
• Ensuring others meet their obligations/responsibilities under their appointments and appropriate H&S legislation.
• Provide clear and concise reports and advise the client throughout the process to achieve their aims, all within the legal constraints applicable to the survey task.
• Coordinate and prepare reports for the projects you are responsible for;
• Provide cost advice to clients when needed for both project work and within relevant reports.
• Overseeing/reviewing/approving the work of sub-consultants or junior members of staff in a positive and constructive manner, as may be required for the delivery of project appointments.
• Generally representing Thomas & Adamson in a professionally competent and positive manner, ensuring service quality and integrity is maintained to the highest possible standards.
• Reporting to the client and other stakeholders in line with the client’s requirement with company standards.
Delivering Great Client Experience
The BS will build strong, professional relationships with clients, consultants and contractors, based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
In this context, the role will involve:
o Representing T&A at project meetings with clients, designers and contractors to provide advice on all aspects of project assignments and following up on actions assigned to T&A at all such meetings.
o Communicating clearly, concisely and coherently with the client and other consultants regarding information required for the purpose of performing our services
o Identifying risks and issues with ongoing activities and positively identifying mitigation measures in a way that both protects the interests of the client, Thomas & Adamson and any other relevant stakeholders.
Managing and Motivating the Team
• The BS will play a key role in resource allocation, working with all team members to understand client requirements/deadlines and how best to deploy resource efficiently to achieve these requirements/deadlines.
• The BS will fulfil a leadership role with more junior members of the business and will support those individuals in dealing with issues and challenges on projects in a positive and professional manner.
• The BS will assist with the professional development and training of more junior members of staff within the business.
In doing all of this, the BS will act in a manner which fully reflects the cultural values of Thomas & Adamson; confident, honest, responsible, supportive.
Suitable candidates will be:
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate experience in a relevant discipline.
• Able to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to Health & Safety.
• Expected to demonstrate Contract Administration, Employer’s Agent and Project Management skills across a range of projects and successful delivery of them.
• Required to demonstrate an involvement and awareness of Dilapidations, Due Diligence Survey Work, Schedules of Condition and Planned Maintenance Inspections.
• Able to demonstrate your involvement with several clients and that you have been able to establish good working relationships with them.
Suitable candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Accurate and excellent attention to detail.
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
• Confident and assertive where required.
• Sociable and outgoing.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Good role model for junior members of the team.
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion.
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
To apply for the position, please email your CV along with a supporting statement to: