Title: Senior Construction Health & Safety Professional
Reporting to: Construction Safety Services Team Leader
Thomas & Adamson (T&A) are currently recruiting for an experienced construction health and safety professional. Being self-motivated, client focused and able to work independently is vital to this role. You will have a proven track record with a creative and consistent approach to delivering excellence.
This is a superb opportunity to join a proactive, collaborative and dynamic practice, with an enviable client list across a range of sectors, where you will have the opportunity of working on behalf of a range of clients including commercial developers, investors, funds and occupiers throughout the UK.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Performing to a high standard, all duties expected of a competent senior health and safety professional, ensuring that best practice is employed at all times.
- Administering project work in line with T&A policies, practices and procedures.
- Representing T&A in the marketplace and participating as required in business development activities.
- At all times acting on behalf of T&A in a polite and professional manner and ensuring that company values are maintained and promoted.
- Ensuring adequate and timely communication channels are in place to support effective service delivery.
- Coordinating and preparing information to support the client, seeking and listening to the client’s requirements and acting on them accordingly.
- Providing robust, pragmatic health and safety guidance to clients and design teams on the most effective approach to achieve project deliverables.
- Ensuring others meet their obligations/responsibilities under their appointments and appropriate health and safety legislation.
- Overseeing/reviewing/approving the work of other members of staff in a positive and constructive manner.
- Representing T&A in a professionally competent and positive manner, ensuring service quality and integrity is maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Reporting to the client and other stakeholders in line with the client’s requirements.
Delivering great client experience
The successful candidate will build strong, professional relationships with clients, consultants and contractors, based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
In this context, the role will involve:
- Representing T&A at project meetings with clients, designers and contractors to provide advice on all aspects of project assignments and following up on actions assigned to T&A at all such meetings.
- Communicating clearly, concisely and coherently with the client and other consultants regarding information required for the purpose of performing our services
- Identifying risks and issues with ongoing activities and positively identifying mitigation measures in a way that both protects the interests of the client, T&A and any other relevant stakeholders.
In doing all of this, act in a manner which fully reflects the cultural values of T&A; confident, honest, responsible, supportive.
Suitable candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in a consultancy environment undertaking the role of Principal Designer, Client Adviser and Adviser to Principal Designer as required.
- Able to demonstrate the attainment of CMaPS and relevant NEBOSH qualifications.
- Able to demonstrate fire risk and asbestos risk management awareness
- Able to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to construction health and safety and capable of undertaking health and safety audits
- Expected to demonstrate a range of strong core health and safety skills reflected in successful project delivery across a variety of industry sectors.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of traditional and modern procurement routes and construction contract suites.
- Expected to have a good understanding of modern construction methods.
- Able to demonstrate their involvement with several clients where you have been able to establish good working relationships.
Suitable candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to:
- Prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Pay accurate and excellent attention to detail.
- Be pro-active, able to work autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Be confident and assertive where required.
- Be sociable and outgoing.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Be a good role model for junior members of the team.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of using discretion.
- Be a team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas & Adamson are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.