Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reporting To: Director/Partner
Thomas & Adamson (T&A) are currently recruiting for an experienced, commercially focussed Senior QS, with career development aspirations. Being self-motivated, ambitious, client focused and able to work independently is vital to this role; a role which will include project delivery and the management and development of junior members of staff. You will have a proven track record in private practice, with a creative and consistent approach to delivering excellence.
This is a superb opportunity to join a proactive, collaborative and dynamic practice, with an enviable client list across a range of sectors, where you will have the opportunity of working on behalf of commercial developers, investors, funds and occupiers.
36.5 hours per week; specific hours as required to suit the project and specific appointment.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the following
• Performing to a high standard, all pre and post contract duties expected of a competent senior QS, ensuring at all times that best practice is employed.
• Administering project work in line with T&A policies, practices and procedures.
• Representing T&A in the marketplace and participating as required in business development activities.
• At all times acting on behalf of T&A in a polite and professional manner and ensuring that company values are maintained and promoted.
• Acting as the interface for projects between the Client, Design Team and the Project Delivery Team to support their successful delivery.
• Ensuring efficient and timely implementation of project requirements and making every effort to maintain projects on time and on budget.
• Ensuring adequate and timely communication channels are in place to support effective project delivery.
• Coordinating and preparing information to support the Client, seeking and listening to the Clients requirements and acting on them accordingly.
• Management of appropriate design, programme and cost information to allow recommendations and support decision making.
• Providing guidance on the most effective procurement approach to achieve project deliverables.
• Ensuring others meet their obligations/responsibilities under their appointments and appropriate H&S legislation.
• Overseeing/reviewing/approving the work of sub-consultants or junior members of staff in a positive and constructive manner, as may be required for the delivery of project appointments.
• Generally representing T&A in a professionally competent and positive manner, ensuring service quality and integrity is maintained to the highest possible standards.
• Reporting to the client and other stakeholders in line with the client’s requirement with company standards.
Delivery great Client experience
The SQS will build strong, professional relationships with clients, consultants and contractors, based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
In this context, the role will involve:
• Representing T&A at project meetings with clients, designers and contractors to provide advice on all aspects of project assignments and following up on actions assigned to T&A at all such meetings.
• Communicating clearly, concisely and coherently with the client and other consultants regarding information required for the purpose of performing our services
• Identifying risks and issues with ongoing activities and positively identifying mitigation measures in a way that both protects the interests of the client, T&A and any other relevant stakeholders.
Positively contributing to our team
• The SQS will play a key role in resource allocation, working with all team members to understand client requirements/deadlines and how best to deploy resource efficiently to achieve these requirements/deadlines.
• The SQS will fulfil a leadership role with more junior members of the business and will support those individuals in dealing with issues and challenges on projects in a positive and professional manner.
• The SQS will assist with the professional development, mentoring and training of more junior members of staff within the business.
In doing all of this, the SQS will act in a manner which fully reflects the cultural values of Thomas & Adamson; confident, honest, responsible, supportive.
Suitable candidate will be:
• Able to demonstrate a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a PQS environment
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate experience in a relevant discipline.
• Able to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to Health & Safety.
• Expected to demonstrate a range of strong core QS skills reflected in successfully project delivery across a variety of industry sectors.
• Expected to demonstrate extensive experience and successfully project delivery of Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles across a variety of industry sectors.
• Expected to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the market, contractors and pricing levels
• Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of traditional and modern procurement routes and construction contract suites.
• Expected to have a good understanding of modern construction methods.
• Able to demonstrate their involvement with several clients and that you have been able to establish good working relationships with them.
Suitable candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability:
• To prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
• To pay accurate and excellent attention to detail.
• To be pro-active and enjoy working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
• To be confident and assertive where required.
• To be sociable and outgoing.
• To have a flexible approach to work.
• To be a good role model for junior members of the team.
• To understand and appreciate the importance of using discretion.
• To be a team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Thomas & Adamson are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.