Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Associate Director/ Partner
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Working Hours: Full time; flexible working
As an active project management team member, you will undertake multiple and complex work assignments, delivering within timeframes and managing resources to provide exemplary professional services to our clients. You will be as comfortable working autonomously as you will be within a team and will deliver best in class services for a broad range of clients over multiple sectors, across multiple projects.
Your approach will represent T&A’s company values and will provide a personal, quality focused service that delivers upon the client’s business objectives. You will establish strong, supportive, professional relationships with colleagues, clients and the wider project teams built on mutual respect, trust and integrity all whilst contributing to Thomas and Adamson’s strategic business growth.
• Education to degree level
• Either 2 years of project management or 5 years in a related construction industry field with relevant experience (i.e. QS with Employer’s Agent experience, Architect with Contract Administration experience, etc)
- Development of Project Management Plans, establishing project strategy and lines of communication lines for all project stakeholders.
- Establishing master programme’s identifying project milestones and project team member responsibilities.
- Interrogation of construction programmes, agreeing changes or enhancements.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to fully define project requirements and develop the project brief.
- Establishing, implementing and leading project meetings with all project team members and stakeholder groups.
- Producing project correspondence ensuring actions are clearly defined and delivered upon by all project team members within agreed timescales.
- Producing and issuing Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other appointment documents.
- Actively participating in the preparation of tender documents in conjunction with the internal / external cost management department ensuring a full and comprehensive understanding of the project requirements is conveyed and reflected in tender documentation.
- Reviewing and commenting upon tender returns from a technical compliance standpoint.
- Leading negotiations with contractors to ensure tender costs represent best value.
Managing risk, delivering value
- Reviewing and comment on design packages to ensure compliance with the project brief.
- Leading value engineering and risk review workshops.
- Compiling and tracking risk mitigation activities and value engineering opportunities.
- Assessing contractor’s claims for delay events; working with commercial team members to establish entitlement.
- Assessing and reporting on contractor progress and commercial matters during delivery.
- Assessing quality on-site, raising instructions for defect rectification when necessary.
- Managing the design team to ensure all contract requirements are being fulfilled.
- Managing and co-ordinating responses to technical queries or requests for information.
- Processing Contract Instructions and other contractually mandated procedures.
- Ensuring document management and communications protocols are adhered to.
- Overseeing / reviewing / approving the work of sub-consultants or directly appointed project team members.
- Providing other professional services as directed by the Partner / Director and / or as required by project appointments.
- Participate in and deliver professional development and training activities working continually to further develop your knowledge and experience.
- Build upon and maintain culture.
- Mentor more junior staff.
- Network and support business development objectives.
- Hands-on, results orientated and client centric.
- Energised with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a consummate and organised multi-tasker.
- Outstanding communications, listening, and presentation skills.
- Decisive and calm under pressure.
- Transparent and accountability orientated.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com